FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Where is Spanish taught at UCSD?
- How do I know where I place and in what program?; Where can I take a placement test?
- What should I consider in deciding between Spanish 1D and 2A?
- I'm a native speaker but need to improve my writing. What class do I need to take?
- I took the Spanish Advanced Placement Exam in High School. Where do I place?
- I want to study abroad. What do I need to do?
- Are there any tutorials or support services available for my language study?
You should find answers to most of these questions below or at the various links on this site. For further information contact the Undergraduate Office of the Department of Literature located at Literature Bldg. 110 [858/534-3210], the Spanish lower-division Faculty Supervisor Beatrice Pita. You can also get information from your UCSD College Academic Advising Office.
Linguistics Language Program
- First year (beginning) Spanish at UCSD is taught through the Linguistics Language Program (LLP) located on the third floor of APM [Muir campus].
- The Linguistics Language Lab is also located on the third floor of APM.
- Beginning Spanish courses offered are: 1A(X); 1B(X); 1C(X) and1D(X)
- The LLP also offers Spanish 15/16/17 and Independent Study Spanish Courses.
- You can take an on-line placement test that will help determine what class you should take.
Click here for information on the Linguistics Language Program
Click here for information on the LLP Basic Proficiency Test
Second-year intermediate and more advanced Spanish language and cultures courses --as well as classes in Peninsular, Latin American and Chican@/Latin@ literatures-- are offered through UCSD's Department of Literature
- the intermediate and advanced language courses offered are: 2A; 2B; 2C; 50A; 50B; 50C (that is, the second and third year Spanish sequences)
- Native/Heritage speakers who want to polish their skills can enroll in 2D or 2E
- the Conversation/discussion Workshop series include Spanish 21/31/41
- courses numbered 100 and above are upper-division classes
- Click here to see more detailed information on lower-division Spanish language and cultures course offerings.
- Click here to link back to the Department of Literature Website
DECIDING BETWEEN SPANISH 1D AND SPANISH 2A?...
|Click on image to enlarge it.|
Advanced Placement Spanish LITERATURE test scores:
MAKE PLANS TO STUDY ABROAD
LANGUAGE SUPPORT SERVICES:
Click here for information on UCSD's OASIS language tutorial Programs.
- Ortografía Castellana An excellent site for explanation of Spanish
orthography (spelling & accent) rules with interactive exercises
- EL PAIS Spanish Newspaper "El Pais"
- More Spanish-language newspapers For access to other Spanish-language newspapers from around the world.
- Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies at UCSD Information on CILAS events and resources for those interested in Spanish and Latin American issues.
For Spanish language and cultures course offerings in the UCSD Department of Literature, click here. For information on current quarter Intermediate Spanish Instructor's Office Hours, click here. For information on majors in the Department of Literature at UCSD, click here. For information on minors in the Department of Literature at UCSD, click here.
- Comments, suggestions and "bug reports" about this Literature page should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last updated 8/17